Weekly Menu (April 6 - April 12)

It's been a busy week, and it's going to be busy next week too. I have a love/hate relationship with this menu writing stuff. I know I can't function without it, no matter how hard it is to accomplish, so I suffer through it as best I can. This week's menu is a bit disappointing to me. Most of the time the rule of thumb in this house is to cook good healthy meals, and not use processed "food". Knowing how busy next week will be, and the fact that my husband and I will continue to have conflicting schedules (he's in theater), I threw this menu together. I'm not proud of it, but it will get us through the week and keep us out of restaurants. If you have super fast and easy homemade dishes you use in a pinch, share it, I'd love to have more ideas for weeks like these.

Saturday - Pasta (homemade, one with meat sauce the other without meat) and salad
Sunday - leftovers
Monday - White Turkey Chili for the boys; roasted veggies for me with salad
Tuesday - leftovers
Wednesday - Grilled ham and cheese sandwiches with soup for the boys; Lentil and rice salad for me.
Thursday - Frozen pizza and salad for the boys; homemade veggie and bean soup for me.
Friday - Fried shrimp (yes, the frozen kind) and veggies

One last thought on trying to make most of our food. I went about $10 over my grocery budget this week in part because of the frozen, packaged and processed foods.

Comments

Popular Posts