A Yummy White Bean Dip

I always seem to experiment on food when I have people come over or when I need to take a dish somewhere. I know you're not supposed to do that but I love trying new things. Yesterday I had some ladies over to do Pysanky and I served my White Bean Dip with pita chips, Kalamata olives, and cherry tomatoes. It was so yummy! Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of the dip but the recipe is so easy and so good I just had to share it!

Nat's White Bean Dip

2 cans Great Northern Beans (drained and rinsed well)
2 - 3 tablespoons minced onion
1 - 2 garlic cloves, minced
1 sprig fresh rosemary, minced
olive oil
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
vegetable broth
salt
pepper

In a small skillet saute the onion in a fair amount of olive oil. When the onions get soft add the garlic and rosemary. Saute just long enough to get it all warm and the aroma coming out of the pan nicely. Pour the entire contents of the skillet into a bowl of the drained beans. Add the Dijon, a splash of veggie broth and the salt and pepper to taste. With an emulsion blender blend the ingredients until they become a nice, slightly thick, dipping consistency.

I did manage to pull myself away from the dip long enough to create these!

Comments

Popular Posts