Keep Plugging Away

That's what I tell myself, "Keep plugging away". Is it age, heat, or lack of motivation that keeps me from knocking this small dining room renovation out? I'm gonna say the heat. It's been over 100 degrees here in Central Texas for months now, and it has played a real part in draining my energy. The heat has even killed my hope for a super fun and romantic pumpkin patch in our backyard. Those poor little seedlings never stood a chance. I'm not owning up to the age thing just yet, but I will throw into the mix the fact that I'm employed full-time, I'm married, and we have a five year old.

Even with those excuses, there has been progress made. Woohoo!
*On Memorial Day weekend I got the walls primed.
*The Friday before the 4th of July our ceiling was finally repaired.
*On Friday, August 5th I primed the newly repaired ceiling and the walls again because some areas got new texture.
*On Saturday the 13th and Sunday the 14th I finished painting the ceiling and adding color to the walls!
I ADORE the Reflecting Pool blue by my Apples and Pears green living room! Talk about a shot of inspiring color!
*Today we installed the new light fixture!
It's finally up!!!
All that in addition to summer time colds and a camping vacation. It's all so very exciting, if only I could muster up the energy to do a happy dance.

I'll take this victory, and raise you a couple more "to do items":
*The base boards need to be painted.
*We need to purchase and install crown molding
*We need to rehang the drapes
*I need to compose and hang all the items for my "art wall".

Not a bad list, it just might get done before Christmas!!!

Comments

  1. That color is fantastic! And as if it needs to be complemented, here comes the living room color! Very nice, pretty, classy, and refreshing! Can't help you with the happy dance right now either! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I love both colors really, really a lot. But I also dig your Barnlight Electric pendant. The dark wood is really popping on the blue... did I say, I love it. Keep up the awesome job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts