Who's Afraid of Color?

Not me!! I love color. I adore color. Color makes me happy. When my husband and I bought our house five years ago I painted the dining room Benjamin Moore's Habanero Pepper 1306, shown below.


 In the living room I used Apples and Pears 395 also by Benjamin Moore, shown in the photo below.


Since you can see the living room from the dining room, and visa versa, I made the two paint colors work by incorporating each of the colors in the other room. The living room has this art piece that I made years ago, as well as red curtains and a red entertainment center that I made while in college. The dining room brings the green in through the leaves in the curtains. It's fun and it's bright and cheerful, but it's time for a change!


I'll be painting my dining room Reflecting Pool SW6286 by Sherwin Williams. And what is so exciting is that is looks awesome next to my Apples and Pears painted living room! I won't need to change out the curtains in the dining room because there is a leaf in the fabric that is green with an undertone of blue, so it works with Reflecting Pool which is blue with an undertone of green! I'll probably remove the quilt and put up an art wall collage instead, as well as finally replace the horrid light fixture! Woo hoo!

Comments

  1. I'm proud to say I'm not afraid of color. Color makes me happy. Maybe it's my personality. I can't wait to see your kitchen in the Reflecting Pool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can't wait to see that color combination!!! It's going to be gorgeous, light, bright, and happy! Take pics of the process too! I'm nosy that way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts